Using acrylic paint, modeling paste, and abstract lines & patterns, kimmie creates abstract maps of any location such as cities, states, countries, or trails.
If you would like kimmie to create a custom piece for you based on your desired map location and color preferences, let's start the commission process today!
Original Artwork Offerings:
- Houston: 36x36 Black and White Color Scheme
- Houston Neighborhoods: 24x24 Multi Color Scheme
- Texas: 36x48 Black & White and Black & Gold Color Scheme
- Texas: 16x20 Multi Color Color Scheme (based on University colors)
- The Great Lakes: 33x36 Blue Color Scheme
- California: 24x36 Multi Color Scheme
- Snakes 3 Panel: 30x14 each, 30x42 total Multi Color Scheme
Abstract Maps Painting Process
kimmie first identified major highways and roads in the map and ensures those will be within the canvas and sized properly using a projector onto the canvas. Using Frog Tape, the highways and roads are blocks off to prevent any paint from getting on them.
Then, kimmie paints the bases of the map depending on the color preferences using acrylic paint. kimmie designs all types of abstract lines using varying shades of the colors.
Once the base is painted, the Frog Tape is then removed revealing the highway and roads. Using acrylic paint and modeling paste, those areas are painted.
Original Canvas Too Big or Too Much?
Prints are available for both Houston and Texas maps (if you order a custom piece kimmie will not create prints since you are the sole owner of the artwork created):
What to Expect Upon Arrival
When you receive your canvas in the mail, it will be shipped in a large flat box and padding within to avoid damage to the art.